Namo amitabha Buddhaya, y'all.
This here's a religious establishment. Act respectable.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Talk Thursday: Period.

Alright.

It is too a word. Ten million script writers using it ten million times in ten million movies can't possibly be wrong. And even if they are, so what? A language is not a static thing, my friends. It doesn't enter the deep freeze around 1890 and refuse to budge, however much certain librarians and college professors and guys I used to date might wish it so. Things change. Words change. Haircuts change. And if an entire generation has started running together two words into one, who are we to argue? Nobody, that's who. So get over it. Big wheel keeps on turnin', proud Mary keep on burnin'. Time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin' into the future. You cats down with that? Fo'shizzle?

In case it's not obvious, I've about had it with the human race today. Let it never be said that Buddhists can't get pissed off. We're human beings (except for those of us that are cats). We can, we do, and sometimes we even (gasp!) let it slip to other human beings. What we do different, if we are smart, is avoid dumping our shit on other human beings (and cats) who are not at fault. For that matter, even those who are at fault, most of the time. Well, unless they're really causing trouble for other human beings (or cats). Like this Mubarak guy in Egypt. I think I'd make an exception in his case. Course, he doesn't need me to tell him that he's overstayed his welcome because most of the country's doing it for him, so never mind on that front. (Hey, Mubarak, Imelda Marcos called. She says pack the black ones.) Oh geez, it occurs to me nobody under thirty will get that joke. Well, that's okay. I don't get most of the ones about Jay-Z, whoever that is.

So what am I pissed off about, you no doubt are dying to know. Well, I'm not sure that's important right now. Suffice it to say I sometimes get very tired of being the bearer of bad tidings. I get equally tired of being on the receiving end of bad tidings, and I really get tired of situations that were out of control to begin with spinning even further out of control just when it was starting to look like they might settle the fuck down for a while. I've also had it up to fucking here with being the only one who seems to ever keep her word. Well, that's a shameless exaggeration. More like I feel like I'm the only one who seems to think that not keeping her word is a terrible crime, rather than the shrug and oh-well I'm getting from, uh, certain other people that I'm not at liberty to name at this time. In short, I'm stressed out, strung out, wiped out, played out, and to quote the late George Carlin, I know the upside of downsizing, the downside of upgrading, and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond.

It's just been One Of Those Days.

Period.

(Exclamation point?)

On the other hand, I'm typing this on My New Laptop (TM) at Afrah (TM). So the day hasn't been a total waste.

Just, you know, mostly.

No comments: