Namo amitabha Buddhaya, y'all.
This here's a religious establishment. Act respectable.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Mini-Post: Random Pieces Of Advice

My friend Bob, the lawyer, was not talking about me when he said, "Jobs like that don't last. Something happens, you change, the job changes, something.  You don't retire from a job like that." He wasn't talking about me, but he might as well have been. It was a little spooky that he said it because I lost my job on Friday. I'd have told him that if I could get a word in edgewise. I like Bob, but boy is he a talker.

So I wasn't able to tell him I lost my job Friday, but it seems like a perfectly relevant piece of advice anyway.  If you haven't read Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams (and if you haven't, you poor benighted soul; go get yourself a copy immediately), one of the basic points of holistic detecting is that everyone, including whoever you're about to talk to next, has some piece of advice on the problem you're currently trying to solve.  So listen to what everyone says, ponder it and apply it to the problem and sooner or later you'll have a solution.  So, everybody, I lost my job on Friday.  My resume is here: www.jpjonsson.weebly.com.  Please send the link to every attorney you know in the greater Dallas area.  And please also provide random pieces of advice.

No comments: