Namo amitabha Buddhaya, y'all.
This here's a religious establishment. Act respectable.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Eat. Pray. Love. Whine.

Playing in the background: Another episode of Criminal Minds. The good guys try to outsmart the bad guys and I try to ignore everybody.

My shrink (which is to say, my psychologist-I also have a psychiatrist but since those folks go to school much longer and have advanced degrees and all that and also hand out drugs, I'm afraid to rile them by calling them shrinks, so let's just agree that shrinks are psychologists, okay? Good) gives me the occasional homework assignments. This is partly because I can't afford to see her every week like a good little patient and also, I think so I won't get bored. Anyway, last week's homework assignment was to read the book Eat, Pray, Love. So I have. I haven't finished it yet but I have startled hell out of myself by actually liking it, especially the middle section about India. So I'm recommending it as my new Book o' the Decade. Go forth and read it. It's fun. And yes, the title character whines a lot, as others have pointed out. It's still pretty good.

I'm also pleased to report that while we're still broke, the circumstances are slightly less dire than they were last month. Huzzah. And Joan has found a group of D&D players she really likes and is having a lot of fun with that. Huzzah again. And January has been a rather sucktackular month and I'm glad it's over.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Uh, yeah. That's the ticket.