Namo amitabha Buddhaya, y'all.
This here's a religious establishment. Act respectable.

Thursday, December 28, 2017

State of the Blog Report

Y'all, I'm sorry.  I've let the ridiculousness of my life take over and suck up all the time needed for blog posts.  Well, that's part of the story.  The other part is that I'm in the middle of, or hopefully toward the end of, a low period, where extra energy for stuff like blogging simply eludes me. I've also been cranky, mopey and hard to live with.  But, I made it through Christmas, I have four days off after Friday and then the first week of January I start a new job.  Because definitely what you should do in the middle of a low period is go out and find another job. I mean, that only makes sense, right?

Well, sometimes the timing of stuff is not perfect.  Sometimes people call you based on a resume you sent to them like six months ago and tell you they need to hire you immediately, even when it's practically Christmas and nobody, and I mean nobody, is hiring right now.  And sometimes your current job is part of what's making you mopey.  Let's face it, an intermittent lack of electricity, a chronic shortage of copy paper and a heater that can't seem to make it through two weeks without stopping for repairs has a way of getting people down.  I can't tell you where I work now and I can't tell you where I'm going to work then, but I can tell you that the new place has a steady supply of electricity, copy paper and heat.  As an employee, I'm really not that hard to please.  Supply those three essentials and don't sexually harass me and we're good.  Helps if you don't text me on Sunday afternoons with inane questions, too, but I can be flexible on that point.

I will blog more next year.  I think every other Thursday would be a good schedule so we're going to try that out and see what happens.  It's not that there's been a shortage of bloggable substance (that guy who calls himself President, Roy Moore, Joe Arpaio, Vanity Fair, Star Wars, the Russians, discrimination against Muslims, discrimination against black folks, discrimination against basically anybody who isn't white and male and Christian).  Really, it's been a heck of a year.  I'm hoping that years from now, in like 2024 just before Ms. Clinton starts her second term, the whole 2016-2020 period will be like a bad dream and we'll have universal health coverage and carbon emissions will be way down and the deficit will be back under control and Merrick Garland will finally be on the Supreme Court. 

In the meantime, as the year winds down and the entire state of Texas closes until January 2, let it be known that I'm still here, plodding along.  Still swimming.  Still going to OA meetings and hanging out with my meditation group (though I skipped last night; it was 36 degrees, and once I got Joan home after work I was in for the night.  You know how it goes).  Joan's good too.  Still cranking out the social media for the big library downtown.  Still cross-stitching.  Still scooting around with her Rollator.  The house is still standing, the cats are fine and we need a new mattress. 

 In closing here's a picture of me with Artemis the Cat.  Yes, I know my hair's too long.  I got it chopped off shortly after this photo was taken. 


No comments: