Namo amitabha Buddhaya, y'all.
This here's a religious establishment. Act respectable.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

A paragraph of the synopsis.

I finished this stupid thing last night and felt like I'd just done an eight hour shift breaking rocks on the freeway. When I fell asleep I slept for ten solid hours and only finally woke up because I was hungry. It's true that your brain uses 20% of your resting calories. Great minds think a lot. Anyway, here's a paragraph of the deathless prose I sent to the editor. Keep your fingers crossed for me. (Note, it's hard to type while doing that.)

After his mother’s mysterious death, twelve-year-old CAMERON and his stranger- father, STUART, go into hiding in Central America. They are staying with Stuart’s friend ILIANA, an art dealer in San Sebastian. Iliana has a tasteful, expensive home full of priceless breakables, and she doesn’t want a kid around. Stuart, a minor criminal, has also borrowed money from Iliana that he can’t repay, and they often have loud, angry fights about it. To make matters worse, Cameron is afraid of “men in grey” that he believes are stalking him in the shadows. Cameron’s anxiety is so intense that it can leave his body in a psychokinetic storm that breaks things and
makes noise and sometimes causes him physical injury.

Intrigued? I hope so. I hope the editor will be, too. I'll let you know what happens.

No comments: